Wednesday, September 17, 2008

clarification, anyone?

In her comment on "pocatello, part ii", Shiree wonders:

So, what's happening with your Ogden house and what are your lodging plans in Pocatello? (I didn't quite catch that from the post, I am clueless about water in the living room and everything....)


In the interest of keeping our readership informed (although most of you might already know this), someone is in the process of purchasing our house in Ogden. So by the beginning of October, we should be lodging somewhere in Idaho, though where is a completely other question. At present, your guess is as good as mine. It will, however, be somewhere in the Southeastern portion of the state.

And, yes, about that water in the living room. Around last Thanksgiving, we heard some water dripping in the wall. Yes, I said in the wall. And down the ceiling. And behind the paint. So we did the only sensible thing we could do and put some tarps on the roof to hold off the rain and tore out the ceiling. Hence, water in the living room, pouring from a couple of cracks in our roof (tar and gravel, anyone?), all over the floor. What a mess is right. This is what it looked like.



The next day, I patched what I could and put up some new sheetrock to keep the cold out. And that's how we lived with it until a couple of weeks ago when the rain found its way in again.

Hence the new roof.

I'm sure that will make our buyers happy. I know it sure was fun for us (and all the family members that broke their backs helping us put down new sheeting and rolled roofing. Thanks a million, by the way. We love you all!)

Confusion abated?

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Wow, pretty exciting times for the Chadwick family. So is Jess going to keep working in Salt Lake? That'll be crazy! Things are good with us. I'm expecting again so we're way excited!

Shiree said...

I am so flattered...a post just for me. :)